Is B complex for me?
Our vitamin B complex is designed to help anyone face life’s demands. The B vitamins are well known for their essential role in the body’s metabolism, energy-producing processes and immune system. In addition to the 8 different B vitamins in our complex, Food Based vitamin C has been added to provide antioxidant support and prevent the B vitamins from becoming oxidised.
B Vitamins in the Body
Our B complex contains the 8 all essential water-soluble B vitamins your body is unable to store. For this reason, you need to regularly top up on your B vitamins as they are vital for the maintenance of your health. All of the B vitamins play a key role in the normal functioning of the body’s nervous system and although there is some overlap between them, each one plays a unique role in the body and is required for the maintenance of good health. All of our Food Based B vitamins are included in their naturally methylated form, enabling them to be more readily absorbed by the body.
1. B1/Thiamin: Vital for the metabolism and energy producing process of converting nutrients from food into energy for the body to use.
2. B2/Riboflavin: Also a key player in the energy producing process of converting nutrients into energy. Vitamin B2 also has antioxidant power and can protect the body’s cells from oxidative damage.
3. B3/Niacin (niacinamide): Involved in body processes at a cellular level, vitamin B3 is required for cellular signalling and even plays a role in DNA production and repair.
4. B5/Pantothenic acid: Similar to vitamins B1 and B2, vitamin B5 is part of the metabolism process of turning nutrients in our food into energy for the body to use. Vitamin B5 also acts as a coenzyme and is required for the production of numerous hormones, cholesterol and neurotransmitters required for healthy brain function.
5. B6/Pyridoxine: Again, like vitamins B1, B2 and B5, vitamin B6 plays a major role in the metabolism of amino acids and their subsequent conversion to energy that can be used by the body. Vitamin B6 is also involved in the production of red blood cells and the synthesis of neurotransmitters. The Food Based vitamin B6 included in our complex is the active coenzyme form of B6; Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (P5P), which is easily recognised and utilised by the body without the need for conversion.
6. B7/Biotin: A key component in the maintenance of healthy bones, teeth, skin and hair as well as being highly involved in the regulation of gene expression. Biotin is also vital for the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates to produce energy from food nutrients that our body can use.
7. B9/Folate provided by Folacin: One of the more well-known B vitamins, vitamin B9, commonly known as Folate, is necessary for cell growth, red and white blood cell synthesis and normal, regulated cell division. As with many other B vitamins, vitamin B9 also plays a key role in nutrient metabolism; more specifically the metabolism of amino acids into energy. Studies have shown that the natural form of Food Based Folate that we use is kept in the body for longer than Folic Acid, the synthetic, isolated form of Folate often found in other supplements.
8. B12/Cobalamin: Necessary for healthy neurological function, DNA production and, like vitamins B6 and B9, vitamin B12 is involved in red blood cell production and development. The Food Based vitamin B12 in our complex comes in both the methylcobalamin and deoxyadenosylcobalamin forms, as they are found in food. Scientific studies have found that these two forms have a superior effect in the body than synthetic, isolated forms.
Why Food Based?
Food Based supplements provide you with natural nutrients in the form that nature intended. They do not contain anything synthetic and have a more effective absorbability in the body meaning that there is no need for extreme doses to get the intended effect. Food Based vitamins and minerals are just that; food that has been grown using a special process to develop a high concentration of the naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.
Quantity: 60 Capsules
Directions: Take one or two capsules a day with or without food.
|2 Capsules Provide
|Niacin (as niacinamide)
|Folacin (folic acid)
*EU NRV(Nutrient Reference Value) **(Para aminobenzoic acid) NE(Niacin equivalents)
Ingredients: Nutrient enhanced yeast providing niacin, pantothenic acid, choline, inositol, PABA, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folic acid, thiamin, biotin, vitamin B12; capsule (vegetable cellulose), mineral enhanced Lactobacillus bulgaricus providing magnesium; vitamin C and bioflavonoids incorporated in citrus pulp, cordyceps mycelium powder (fermented).
Free From: Added fillers, binders and excipients. Gluten, soya and preservatives. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Keep out of reach of young children. This product is no substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medication or have a medical condition, consult your doctor before use. Do not use if seal under the lid is broken or missing. Long term intake of vitamin B6 at 10mg may lead to mild tingling and numbness. Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.